Wednesday, June 28, 2017

All-In Athletes: 5 Pillars for Everyday Success

I was channel surfing last night and landed on ESPN’s 30 for 30 segment about basketball coach John Calipari. While I’m not a Kentucky fan, I do respect coaches who connect with their players and help them realize their potential. Calipari is a master motivator with an incredible command of the game. That was my takeaway. And it got me thinking: Isn’t that the winning combination we all need to succeed?

As a former college athlete, I often draw on lessons learned from athletics to center and motivate myself in business—and I have resource I’d like to share. All-In Athletes is an organization focused on helping high school students become the best they can be through motivational messages from top performers in different fields.

Author Joe Behm is a friend of mine from John Carroll University; he and Andy Smith collaborated on the book: All-In: Playbook to Become A Student-Athlete Role Model. The All-In messages and lessons are organized around “5 Pillars” and a simple approach to living life:


  • Smart. When talent is equal, the competitor that is better prepared mentally has the winning advantage 
  • Strong. Physical and mental strength provides a foundation to develop skills and techniques for maximum results  
  • Respectful. Respect exposes your character by the way you conduct yourself in victory and defeat 
  • Commitment. Best summed up by Pat Riley, “There are only two options regarding Commitment. You’re either IN or you’re OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.” 
  • Honor. Being true to your personal values and ideals and being a person of integrity who can overcome fear and take action 

All-In Athletes also offers a free daily motivational quote mailed to your inbox. I’ve subscribed—and I’m enjoying them as positive preparation for my workday. To take advantage of these daily motivators, and/or to order the book, click on the link below.

www.all-inathletes.com

It’s worth checking out. Enjoy!

Tim Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment